The Benefits Of Femto and Small Cell Technology
Hereâ€™s a good infographic illustrating the key benefits of introducing femtocells into the mobile network architecture.
1) Innovative services everywhere: if operators open up the femtocell APIs to third-parties, the femtozone will become a valuable resource for a long-tail of application developers
2) Transforms mobile networks: rural operators, such as Mosaic Telecom which canâ€™t deliver widespread mobile coverage with macrocells, are looking to metrocells: and in the city, Julia Mason has five reasons why metrocells have the advantage over increasing macrocell density.
3) Simple and rapid installation: the secret to successful rollout is no truck roll, argues David Stevenson. Plug & play devices allow users to simply plug the femtocell into power and the LAN and away you go. Fast mobile broadband is a no-brainer.
4) Addresses hotspots of demand: Sofia Flores outlines a recent study into cost-modeling metrocells in a dense urban area.
5) Cost per bit reduction: as Yadhav Krishnan discusses in this post on cell site modeling, small cells meet the demand for mobile broadband in urban locations at half the cost of equivalent macro network increases.
For more information please visit www.wilson-street.com