7 Interesting Facts About Kerala
Kerala is the southernmost state of India with a unique set of geographic characteristics that make it one of a kind. Kerala is famous for its lush greenery, hills, waterfalls, sun kissed beaches and serene backwaters. It has now emerged to be a sought after tourist destination in the world. Through this infographic, we portray 7 interesting facts about Kerala that many donâ€™t know. Here are the main points.
1. Kerala in the native language, Malayalam means â€śLand of coconutsâ€ť.
2. Kerala is the only state in India where Ayurveda is still a main stream medicine. There are Ayurvedic medical colleges and hospitals across the state.
3. Kerala backwaters are a mazelike waterways running almost across the state. These are bordered by paddy fields, coconut trees and green foliage. It is definitely a unique geographic formation.
4. Kerala is the first state in India to reach 100% literacy rate.
5. Female to male sex ratio is highest in India
6. Kerala is a state where you can see Asian elephants very commonly. Elephants are entwined with Keralaâ€™s culture from ancient times.
7. Life expectancy rate in Kerala is the highest in India.
This Infographic tries to depict these trivia facts about Kerala in an appealing way.