Centro Universitário Belas Artes de São Paulo

Centro Universitário Belas Artes de São Paulo
Academic Partner

The Centro Universitário Belas Artes de São Paulo, educational institution founded in 1925, has its history closely linked to the cultural and artistic life of São Paulo. In addition to organizing the 1º Salão Paulista de Belas Artes - 1st São Paulo Exhibition of Fine Arts, the institution was also in charge of the Pinacoteca do Estado - State Art Gallery’s collection from 1932 to 1939.

Firstly, it offered Painting, Sculpture and Printing courses (now known as Visual Arts, emphasizing the contemporary arts). Throughout the years, its tradition and acknowledgement has enabled the creation of Architecture course as well as the opening of the Post Graduation and Extension Center in charge of the social responsibility activities and short courses.

Recently, the institution has gone through big changes. In 2007, the Núcleo de Design Belas Artes - Belas Artes Design Center was inaugurated. It brought together the infrastructure of four different Design courses (Graphic, Product, Interior and Fashion) in order to create a better place for studies and research. In the same year, the Museu de Belas Artes de São Paulo - Belas Artes Museum of São Paulo was inaugurated. In 2008, the Visual Arts Course inaugurated the Galeria 13 - Gallery 13, a space dedicated to the student’s works. In 2010, the Brazilian Ministry of Education stated that the quality our institution is above the National standards.

Belas Artes has more than 5.000 students and more than 70% of its faculty is staffed with masters and professors. With 25 laboratories and workshops in 23 buildings, the school offers 11 undergraduate and 8 postgraduate programs. Undergraduate courses include Architecture & Urbanism, Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Product Design, Special Teaching Program, Advertising & Publicity, Radio and TV, International Relations and Public Relations.